Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, degenerative neurological motor disorder, primarily affecting the dopaminergic cells of the brain. The symptoms of this disease include rigidity, tremor, bradykinesia and postural instability. The global Parkinson’s disease drug market has witnessed remarkable growth in recent years owing to a large patient pool and increased diagnosis rates. According to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, there are about 10 million people suffering from Parkinson’s disease globally. Parkinson’s, in terms of its presence, has a higher frequency in the developed countries. In the United States (U.S.), around 60,000 new cases are diagnosed with Parkinson’s, each year. Parkinson’s disease is an idiopathic disease occurring due to unknown causes. Presently, only symptomatic drug treatments are available in the market. Moreover, these symptoms are diagnosed at later stages when most of the dopamine producing cells have lost their function. This scenario indicates an impending need for innovative drugs.
Download the Sample Report @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/683
Rising old age population and higher incidences of neurodegenerative diseases are two significant factors that drive the growth of this market. Moreover, increasing R&D investment and number of drugs in the pipeline are further expected to fuel the market growth. However, high cost of treatment and lack of expertise for early diagnosis is likely to curtail the market growth.
The global Parkinson’s disease market is segmented on the basis of drug type and geography. According to drug type, the market is segmented into, marketed and pipeline drugs. The marketed drugs are further segmented into Levodopa, Dopamine agonists, Apomorphine, Glutamate antagonist, Anticholinergics, COMT inhibitors and MAO-B inhibitors. Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Collaboration agreements and new product launches are few of the strategies adopted by the key industry players. For instance, in Jan 2015, Neuropore Therapies Inc. and UCB S.A, a Belgian drug maker entered into commercialization agreement for NPT200-11, a small molecule drug useful in debilitating the Parkinson’s disease. Recently, Impax Pharmaceuticals has announced the FDA approval for RYTARY, an extended release oral capsule for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Similarly AbbVie received a US FDA approval for DUOPA, used in the the treatment of motor symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease.
The companies profiled in this report include, Pfizer, Inc., Medtronic plc, Novartis AG, Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG, Impax Laboratories, Inc., Abbvie Inc., and F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG.
For More Inquiry @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/683
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global Parkinson’s disease market are provided
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014‐2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Extensive analysis of the global Parkinson’s disease market by drug type helps in understanding the types of drugs that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- The Parkinson’s disease market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance to the key regions
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global Parkinson’s disease market is segmented below:
Parkinson’s Disease Market ‐ By Drug Type
- Marketed Drugs
- Dopamine agonists
- Glutamate antagonist
- COMT inhibitors
- MAO-B inhibitors
- Pipeline Drugs
Parkinson’s Disease Market ‐ By Geography
- North America