“All year gifting in the UK – 2018”, report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Occasions series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer dynamics and spending habits of consumers for all year gifting. The report analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
30.9% of consumers surveyed stated that they felt worse off financially compared to last year. This was reflected in overall spending for all year gifting, with 6.4% more consumers stating that they spent less than the previous year on gifts, compared to consumers surveyed in 2017. Total penetration for all year gifting dropped 0.9ppts to 95.7% in 2017. Occasions which were most impacted by consumers attempting to cut down, were more adhoc events, with the number of consumers buying wedding gifts showing the strongest year-on-year decline of 8.5ppts.
For Sample Copy of [email protected] www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2363547
– Over the last 12 months gifting penetration fell for nearly all occasions, therefore retailers must focus on occasions that consumers are almost guaranteed to continue purchasing gifts for, regardless of decreasing disposable income.
– Tesco was the most popular retailer for purchasing gifts this year, with one in five consumers choosing to shop at Tesco.
– Weddings is the gifting occasion that experienced the largest drop in penetration, falling 10.0 ppts compared to last year.
Reasons to buy
– Use our in-depth consumer insight to learn which areas within all year gifting shopping are most important to ensure that product offerings are catering to the needs and wants of customers.
– Understand what drives consumers to use a retailer for their purchases, such as quality of products, prices and the important of general gifting ranges in order to maximise sales potential.
– Use our in-depth analysis of the leading retailers for all year gifting in order to understand how to appeal shoppers and maximise market share.
Top Leading Companies Mentioned:
Marks & Spencer
House of Fraser
The Body Shop
The Perfume Shop
Mamas & Papas
Toys R Us
Babies R Us
Table of Contents
THE KEY FINDINGS
The Key Findings
Retailers must focus on primary occasions as penetrations fall the most for niche gifting occasions
Tesco is the most purchased from retailer, but M&S is ranked higher by consumers for experience
The wedding gifting market suffers as fewer consumers decide to marry
Trend insight – stores
Trend insight – online
Retailer ratings – grocers
Retailer ratings – non-food retailers
All year gifting statements
Make an Inquiry before [email protected] www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2363547
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.